Found this recipe about 5 years ago, and it’s quickly a family favorite. When we moved to Florida and Chewy was meal planning and dieting like every 90 days. Which he has ALWAYS done, we were looking into Paleo type recipes that would fit our budget and be EASY!!! This is a hearty meat-loving-whole-food meal.
- 1 large onion
- 4 TBSP butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 lb ground beef (or venison, buffalo, etc.)
- 1 TBSP curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 15 oz can of tomatoes (diced)
- 1 lb green beans (fresh or frozen)
- Dice the onion.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or coconut oil and add diced onion.
- Cook three minutes or until starting to become translucent.
- Add the ground beef, curry powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric and cook until the meat is browned.
- While the meat is cooking, peel and dice the sweet potatoes into small pieces and set aside.
- Once meat is cooked, drain and add the diced tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and green beans.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes have softened. Check after ten minutes and add a couple tablespoons of water or chicken broth if needed.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Try making an omelette with the leftovers.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 605mg | Potassium: 696mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 19.8% | Vitamin C: 21.3% | Calcium: 7.6% | Iron: 23%